We are BAA Training, one of the TOP 3 largest independent aviation training centers in Europe. Our people are united by passion for aviation and a desire to ensure efficient training solutions for both pilots and airlines. BAA Training has offices in Vilnius, Lithuania; Barcelona and Lleida, Spain; and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and is constantly growing. Currently we are opening our brand new office in France and looking for a Head of Flight Simulator Technicians to join our international team.
We promise a highly challenging field and wide scope of responsibilities, which will initially cover:
- Organization, planning and coordination of department activities and team.
- Worldwide search and acquisition of spare parts, stock management.
- Analysing and planning required stock purchases, purchase documents administration.
- Liaison with Flight Crews both pre and post training sessions to ensure smooth running of the session, which include help and guidance on Instructor Operations Station (IOS) usage, techlog usage and fault identification and rectification.
- Plan, evaluate and improve the efficiency of operation processes and procedures.
- Supervising preventative maintenance as per documented procedures.
- Ensuring related documentation compliance with the procedure standards and TCA CAD requirements.
- Ensuring that the simulators maintain their Certification Levels.
- Occasionally maintain and repair Flight Simulation Training Devices (FSTD) (electronics, computers, pneumatics, mechanics and hydraulic fields).
- Providing support during Quality Fly-Outs ensuring the reports are written up accurately and issued in a timely manner.
- Carrying out rectification of un-serviceability and informing the General Manager of any logistical requirements.
- Making sure, that organizes QTG tests were carried out and provide their presentation to the local CAA.
- Work according to approved company processes.
- Setting and achieving short-term and long-term goals in accordance with the company’s strategic goals.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities assigned by direct manager.
We dream about a team member who:
- Has University degree in aviation, engineering or similar area.
- Has at least 2 years of experience in engineering and aviation industry.
- Has proven management experience.
- Has analytical thinking, high level of responsibility and ownership, result oriented attitude.
- Is flexible with good time management skills.
- Has ability to read drawings and schemes of electronics, electrical, hydraulics and mechanical systems.
- Has experience in using and repairing electronic and computer equipment.
- Uses the English language at an effectively operational and independent level.
- Is able to work independently and is self-motivated and willing to take ownership.
- Has willingness to share skills, knowledge and expertise.
- Has respectful and positive attitude.
What we offer you:
- Additional holiday days for seniority after 2 years working for the company.
- A Wellness day to take care of yourself and a Birthday day to celebrate.
- An entertainment flight with a full flight aviation training simulator.
- Contemporary and convenient office space in Longjumeau commune.
- Convenient parking space at the office area.
- Extensive on boarding plan to ease your integration into company.
- An international and multicultural environment in vibrant industry with plenty of challenges to achieve as well as duty trips to headquarters in Lithuania.
- Personal growth possibilities if you are eager to progress in your career, we have a bunch of examples to share.
- 35 hours working week.